Dyslexia is a common learning difficulty that affects about 1 in 5 people worldwide. It is characterised by difficulties with reading, writing, and spelling. Despite these challenges, many people with dyslexia have achieved great success in life. In this post, we will explore some famous dyslexia quotes from some of the world's most successful individuals who have dyslexia.
These quotes will provide inspiration and motivation to anyone who is struggling with dyslexia. They will also show that dyslexia is not a disability, but rather a different way of learning.
1. "I am not disabled by dyslexia, I am empowered by it." - Jamie Oliver
Jamie Oliver is a British chef, restaurateur, and food writer who has dyslexia. He is famous for his TV shows and his commitment to healthy eating. This quote shows that he has turned his dyslexia into a strength.
2. "I have dyslexia, and I am not ashamed of it. It has taught me that I can overcome challenges and achieve my goals." - Richard Branson
Richard Branson is a British businessman and investor who has dyslexia. He is the founder of Virgin Group, a multinational conglomerate that includes Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Galactic, and Virgin Media. This quote shows that Branson believes that dyslexia can be an asset.
3. "Dyslexia is not a learning disability, it is a learning difference." - Susan Hampshire
Susan Hampshire is an English actress who has dyslexia. She is known for her roles in the TV series Upstairs, Downstairs and The Forsyte Saga. This quote suggests that dyslexia is not a hindrance to success.
4. "I have dyslexia, but I don't let it define me. I am a strong and capable person, and I will not let dyslexia hold me back." - Whoopi Goldberg
Whoopi Goldberg is an American actress, comedian, and singer who has dyslexia. She is known for her roles in the films Ghost, Sister Act, and The Color Purple. This quote shows that Goldberg is confident in her abilities despite her dyslexia.
5. "I have dyslexia, and I have learned to use it to my advantage. I am a creative and innovative thinker, and I believe that dyslexia has helped me to see the world in a different way." - David Boies
David Boies is an American lawyer who has dyslexia. He is known for his role in the landmark Supreme Court case Bush v. Gore. This quote suggests that dyslexia can be a source of creativity.
6. "I have dyslexia, and I am proud of it. It has made me who I am today, and I would not change it for the world." - Henry Winkler
Henry Winkler is an American actor, producer, and director who has dyslexia. He is known for his role in the TV series Happy Days. This quote shows that Winkler is grateful for the challenges he has faced due to his dyslexia.
7. "I have dyslexia, and I have learned to overcome it. With hard work and determination, I have been able to achieve my dreams." - Tim Tebow
Tim Tebow is an American football player who has dyslexia. He is known for his strong faith and his commitment to giving back to the community. This quote shows that Tebow believes that dyslexia can be overcome.
8. "I have dyslexia, and I am a successful person. I am proof that dyslexia does not have to hold you back from achieving your goals." - Temple Grandin
Temple Grandin is an American author, animal scientist, and autism activist who has dyslexia. She is known for her work with animals, especially cattle. This quote shows that Grandin has achieved success despite her dyslexia.
9. "I have dyslexia, and I am a leader. I am not afraid to stand up for what I believe in, and I am always looking for new challenges." - Malala Yousafzai
Malala Yousafzai is a Pakistani activist for female education who has dyslexia. She is the youngest Nobel Prize laureate, and she is a role model for girls and women around the world. This quote shows that dyslexia does not prevent people from becoming leaders.
10. "I have dyslexia, and I am grateful for it. It has taught me to be patient, persistent, and creative. I believe that everyone has something special to offer the world, and I am proud to be a dyslexic person." - Charles Schwab
Charles Schwab is an American businessman who has dyslexia. He is the founder of Charles Schwab Corporation, a financial services company. This quote suggests that dyslexia can be a source of strength.
11. "Dyslexia is a learning difference, not a learning disability. It is a way of processing information that is different from the 'norm'." - John Irving
12. "I have dyslexia, and I am not afraid to be different. I am proud to be dyslexic, and I encourage others to embrace their unique strengths." - Tom Cruise
13. "Dyslexia has allowed me to see the world in a more creative and imaginative way. I am a visual learner, and I often use images and symbols to help me understand complex concepts." - Susan Boyle
14. "I have dyslexia, but I am not limited by it. I am a gifted musician, and I am able to create beautiful music despite my challenges." - Stevie Wonder
15. "Dyslexia has taught me the importance of self-advocacy. I am not afraid to ask for help when I need it, and I am always looking for new ways to learn and grow." - Steve Jobs
16. "I have dyslexia, and I am a successful entrepreneur. I have built a successful business empire, and I am proof that dyslexia does not have to hold you back from achieving your dreams." - Mark Zuckerberg
17. "Dyslexia has helped me to develop a strong work ethic. I am a hard worker, and I am always striving to improve my skills and knowledge." - Oprah Winfrey
18. "I have dyslexia, and I am a passionate advocate for others with learning differences. I believe that everyone has the potential to succeed, regardless of their challenges." - Helen Keller
19. "Dyslexia has taught me the importance of never giving up. I have faced many challenges in my life, but I have never given up on my dreams." - Albert Einstein
20. "I have dyslexia, and I am a role model for others. I believe that it is important to share my story with others, and to help them understand that dyslexia is not a barrier to success." - Daniel Radcliffe
21. "Dyslexia is a gift. It has given me the ability to see the world in a unique and different way." - Leonardo DiCaprio
22. "I have dyslexia, and I am a creative writer. I am able to use my imagination to create vivid and engaging stories, even though reading and writing can be difficult for me." - J.K. Rowling
23. "Dyslexia has helped me to develop a strong sense of self-reliance. I am used to having to work harder than others, and I am not afraid to take on challenges." - Serena Williams
24. "I have dyslexia, and I am a compassionate and empathetic person. I am able to understand and relate to others who are struggling, and I am always willing to lend a helping hand." - Tom Hanks
The experiences and insights shared by these individuals with dyslexia serve as a testament to the power of determination and resilience. Their words offer encouragement to those facing similar challenges, reminding them that dyslexia is not a hindrance but a unique perspective that can lead to extraordinary achievements.
For more famous dyslexia quotes and dyslexic people see links below:
Get jargon free tips and advice to help your dyslexic child at home and in school.
The Dyslexia Show